Hi there,

I agree with Greg and also with the documentation
group, we are all great at bitching about * (I know I
have done a lot of it but thats because UK and support
for us is minimal or so it feels) we need to unite,
the only reason Microsoft are so popular is because it
take 2 minutes to install and applications are usually
it is easy to configure (coming from Windows to Suse
was quite easy due to YAST but then from Suse to
Fedora Core is a nightmare thank god for web min)
users a nd administrators don't want to be editing
conf files to do the smallest thing i.e. create a
dialplan  thats a nightmare, coming from an Avaya
background (although it has been a year since i
touched an Avaya INDeX) you could create powerful and
effective dial plans completely graphically it was so
easy anybody could do it. Although all system
administration was done through a menu driven console
and that was really simple to use. We need to take the
good from other systems and merge this to Asterisk.
Also we have to document it. theres no point in
writing the code if nobody can use it.

I would like to offer my skills to the production of
this I can document, bug test and am great at user
interface design I come from a software house
background which I can also utilise to get this
project off the ground.

I suggest that we all meet in a chat room to create
some form of a project map and get this off the
ground.

Cheers

James