On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 12:45 -0500, Jim Dossey wrote:
On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 10:55 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> I just got a Grandstream 100 yesterday.  I plugged it into my network and after a few
seconds it showed the correct
> time and date.  After that I tried to access the built-in web server.  After several
tries I finally got the login screen.  That
> took about 10 tries before it displayed anything.  Then I entered the default password
'admin' and clicked the Login
> button.  After that I got nothing.  The phone still seemed to be working - I could press
the Menu button and the menu
> would come up and I could scroll through it.
>
> I also tried changing out the ethernet cable, and plugging it into different ports on my
Linksys switch (BEFSX41), but
> nothing works.
>
> Do I just have a bad unit?

Be carefull with assuptions regarding the Linksys. There were several
different models (versions) of that hardware, and the early models
did not support 100 meg ethernet worth a darn. Some packets make
it through and a large number did not. Change the port speed on
your phone to 10 meg (if you can) and try again. (I seen your post
on the ping packet loss and that sort of reminded me of problems
seen before.)

Rich

Thanks for the feedback (and the reply from Dave Cotton as well).  I'm going to try the phone on a completely different network and see what happens.

For the record, the problem was an incompatibility between the Budgetone and the Linksys ethernet ports.  I plugged a KTI 10Mb hub between the Linksys and the Budgetone and it started working.  Don't plug a Budgetone 101 into a Linksys BEFSX41.