Hi Guys,

Here’s the situation.  I have asterisk setup with a T1 PRI.  All extensions are
stored in a SQL database.  When a call comes in, Asterisk looks up the
terminating extension in the database and the database returns another number
or extension to forward to.  Asterisk then forward the original caller back out
the PRI or an IAX link to another Asterisk server to the final destination
number.  This part is working great.

The CDR captures the original callerID, and the final destination number, along
with all the other standard values of the call.  What I would also like to see
captured in the CDR is the extension the call comes in on and passes to the
database for lookup.

I’ve read something about CSV_LOGUSERFIELD in the CDR but I’m not sure how to
invoke the field and put in the terminating, or lookup, extension when the call
first comes in.  I believe this field has to be uncommented in the cdr_csv.c
file then asterisk recompiled to have this value field set in the CDR?  What
would the extension look like to record the value into the CDR?  exten =>
s,1,SetVar(loguserfield=${EXTEN})?????

Thanks in advance.

JR