Robert Kerry wrote:

Hi,

We're getting an error when installing Asterisk on a Trustix Linux
server. I'm guessing that the error is related to SSL, although OpenSSL
0.9.7e is installed on the server. Any thought's on this matter would be
appreciated.

gcc -g  -o asterisk -Wl,-E  io.o sched.o logger.o frame.o loader.o
config.o channel.o translate.o file.o say.o pbx.o cli.o md5.o term.o
ulaw.o alaw.o callerid.o fskmodem.o image.o app.o cdr.o tdd.o acl.o
rtp.o manager.o asterisk.o ast_expr.o dsp.o chanvars.o indications.o
autoservice.o db.o privacy.o astmm.o enum.o srv.o dns.o aescrypt.o
aestab.o aeskey.o utils.o  editline/libedit.a db1-ast/libdb1.a
stdtime/libtime.a -ldl -lpthread -lncurses -lm -lresolv   -lssl
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [asterisk] Error 1

Just had same problem, I hadnt installed all the requirements:

* ncurses, and associated -devel
* openssl, and associated -devel
* bison, and associated -devel
* Linux 2.4 kernel sources