Steve Prior wrote:

I just ran into this last weekend. I believe that you are using a version
of spandsp which is for an older version of Asterisk.
Good luck
Steve

Just read the patch file and update Makefile by hand. In the patch file, the statements with '+' in column one are added to Makefile. The statements before and after the '+' statements locate where in Makefile the '+' statements should go.

I forgot to mention that I didn't yet get fax tone detection working, my
success so far has been setting up an extension for spandsp which I am
calling from my fax machine on another extension.  The fax machine is
hooked up to a fxs port on my TDM22B.  I haven't tried it yet, but I
believe that the fix is in adding one of the following to zapata.conf:

;faxdetect=both
;faxdetect=incoming
;faxdetect=outgoing
;faxdetect=no

You'll want faxdetect=incoming

I also think the following are needed:

echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes

Steve Underwood says not to use echo cancel on a fax line.

Mike

--
Michael Welter
Introspect Telephony Corp.