Hi All.

Can anyone tell me how difficult it would be to change the way asterisk
stores/retrieves user
messages as follows?

Currently mailboxes are in

/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/{context}

But I need to store messages in a hash to limit the number of directories per
context. All mailbox
extensions are the user's 10-digit phone number (aka, DID). The parts of a DID
are as follows

407  555  1212
 ^   ^     ^
NPA  NXX  LINE

So my hashing would look like this

/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/{context}/{npa}/{nxx}/{line}

And in the {line} directory we would have the usual Asterisk files/directories
for inbox, etc.

We're looking at a large number of mailboxes and this would give us a maximum
of 10000 mailboxes
per directory - which plays nice with the Linux file system.

So how much of Asterisk does this affect? I'm only using Asterisk for voicemail
and I'm using SIP
eXpress Router for everything else.

Regards,
Paul