Hi,

I'm trying to convert a high(er) quality wav/ulaw/alaw file (captured with
Record()) to a gsm file and can't get the bugger to work. The example on the
page http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+sound+files says that:

$ sox inputfile.wav -r 8000 -c 1 outputfile.gsm resample -ql

Should work, but I get the error message:

sox: Input and Output rates must be different to use resample effect

I get the same error message with

$ sox -t la inputfile.alaw -r 8000 outputfile.gsm resample -ql

And also with WAV, ulaw and everything else. I've trawled through the man
page and am still completely bamboozled - it doesn't explain exactly what is
necessary for it to work properly.

I'm currently running sox version 12.17.6 (the latest) with gsm support
enabled.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Nick.