Nicolás Gudiño wrote:

Hello,

I'm unable to compile testcpuid.c with the __x86_64__ architecture
(Athlon 64 processor).  The messages are:

/tmp/ccONleRV.s: Assembly messages:
/tmp/ccONleRV.s: Error: suffix or operands invalid for 'pushf'
" 'pop'
" 'push'
" 'popf'

Is it safe to ignore this module?

I have similar problems compiling under PPC. I just removed that module together with other troubling assembler parts (MMX detection routines). After that it compiled fine and worked well (but the platform is 32 bits, I dunno if it will work under a 64bit platform). Regards,

It would be nice if we customised the code for PPC, and maybe ARM. The only thing I really do in assembly right now is "where is the top bit". There is usually an instruction for this on most modern CPUs. It can really speed up a couple of things. It think it should really be a standard C intrinsic.

Regards,
Steve