On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Matt Klein wrote:

3) good luck getting the firmware source

is the firmware source freely available, -- I've been asked by others.

All the other (excellent, thought provoking) conversation aside, Jake Messenger from Portmasters.com has been granted a license by Lucent for ComOS.

http://www.portmasters.com/pipermail/comos/2004-August/000041.html

That contains a link to the license the source is under.

It isn't free as in GNU, but I don't think that really matters much.

I had to give up following this list too closely, because it just sucks up too much
time. But I did just stumble onto this thread about portmasters. I worked at Livingston
and wrote the drivers on the portmasters. That source code is easy to find and even
compiles on a linux box these days (we used to use SunOS).

If you come up with anything interesting to do with the boxes, please let me know
I may be able to help. Contact me off list is best.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option