Hi!

Jim Van Meggelen schrieb:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Jim Van Meggelen schrieb:

You understand. I was kidding a little bit, but yes, I am also
wondering just what things can be done to get a slower machine to
work as well as possible.

Okay. So lets try.

What are you running in terms of a kernel or distro?

I'm running a Debian Woody with a handmade 2.6.5 (based on a woody backport)

Otherwise - without the -p option - the system had values of 400ms
(and higher) converting speex when it wasn't idle. Now the value
is constantly at about 210.

Nice. The system is now giving Asterisk the priority it needs. Don't forget to change that in your rc.local, or wherever you're starting Asterisk from.

I'm starting it from a start-stop daemon. AT the moment I'm having a little fight with it. When starting from the script it tells me "Starting Asterisk PBX: Unable to set high priority". Starting it from the shell works.

But I guess I can convince the script to cooperate ;-)

I guess this option could help me a lot regarding the sound
problems I got sometimes.

Yes, it might help a lot.

I will see when doing some calls over sip (there I had the most problems). Maybe at the evening. Now I have to breakfast, shower and go to work.

And I need to go to bed!

Good night!

Bye!

Michael