Patrick hi.
Asterisk can do that, and you don't need VOIP lines.
If you connect Asterisk to the net, and all employees have a VOIP phone
(either hardware or software) then you're good to go.

What do you need?
To begin with, install linux on an old pc (well, not too old).
Then go to voip-info.org and take a look at the Asterisk wiki.

Everything you need is there.

And of course, we're here (-: