>What codec is your soft phone using?
>Some of the codecs stink, also is the link to the * server heavily used?

I'm using the X-Lite soft phone, it has these codecs selected G711u G711a GSM,
iLBC SPX. I'm not sure which one it ends up using though.
I played with turning off all but GSM, and it didnt seem to make a noticeable
difference.

What is the best codec to use?

As far as network usage, its fairly minimal. The server is on a 1Gbit ethernet,
my desktop is on a 100MB switch connecting to the 1GB Switch.

Thanks for your help,
Nihal