Nabeel Jafferali wrote:

I recently bought a bunch of IP500s and before shipping / tax
they were $170 / each (including power supply). We are lucky
to have received such a great discount, but there's no reason
to pay more than $200 for an IP500.

How do the Polycom IP500/600 phones compare to the Cisco 7940/7960
phones?

I like the feel an look of the Cisco phones over the Polycom phones, but I think the Polycom speaker phone is better than the Cisco one.

One of the downsides of the Cisco phones is not being able to do low-bandwidth 3-way conferencing. The Cisco only supports it using g711, not g729.