Howard Lowndes wrote:
When I make a call from a SIP phone to a speaking extension on *, such
as one that speaks digits or similar, when I monitor * in very verbose
mode I can see it running through the routine associated with the
extension, but I am getting no RTP data stream back to the phone.

Does the machine housing * need a sound card?
Does it need OSS or ALSA modules installed?
What actually generates the RTP data stream?

You don't need a soundcard.

Is Asterisk behind NAT? If so look at localnet= and externip= in sip.conf and look into portforwarding and rtp.conf. Remember AUDIO on SIP/H323/MGCP/SCCP are sent using the RTP protocol. SIP is just a signaling protocol.

--Eric

--
I am seeking part or full time employment in the Greater Toronto Area, My preference is part time employment with some telecommuting, but all offers will be considered. Contact eric at fnords.org.