Jim Van Meggelen schrieb:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

- ADSL 1000kBit/s Downstream, 128kBit/s Upstream

That upstream bandwitch will need to be managed carefully.

I know.

If you're using G.711, one channel would be using roughly 80kbit of your upstream. Who has the most quality complaints: you, or the people you are talking to?

I don't know. I guess its equal. Since the problems occur even when I'm using GSM the bandwith shouldn't be the problem.

Calls from or to the pstn are completely okay. Calls over SIP aren't. Calls over IAX couldn't be tested at the moment.

Can you make a SIP connection directly to the box? No LAN, no WAN, just a crossover cable between your SIP phone (soft or hard) and your
Asterisk system?

No. My phone is connected via the Phonejack in the server that runs asterisk.

But ... I could try to setup a software client that I connect to the server.

Bye!

Michael