Hi and thanks once more.

I moved the card around, and it kept the same IRQ. Then I went into setup and changed it. This is the output of lspci -v now:

01:04.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Intel 537
        Subsystem: Unknown device 8085:0003
        I/O ports at 4b00 [size=256]
        Memory at c0fdf000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

That's not a shared IRQ. However, the problem remains. Just after one min or so of executing modprobe wcfxo, the PC reboots.

Any other ideas? This card worked great on another PC, so a hardware missfunctioning is not a probable choice.

RODOLFO

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
Rodolfo Grave wrote:

The X100P card and the SCSI storage controller both have IRQ 15. Is this what you thought about? What can I do to solve it?

For most systems the onlything you can do is move the cards around. Motherboards generally assign specific IRQs to specific slots. So if you move the card to a different slot it will get a different IRQ. Of course many motherboards (damn them) assign the same IRQ to more than one slot. It seems that the first and last slots commonly are assigned the same IRQ.

If you are lucky your motherboard BIOS will let YOU assign which IRQs are assigned to which slots. If you can enable APIC do so. It will allow you to have up to 23 (or is it 32) IRQs.

--Eric