Hello,

I've spent the last few days installing asterisk, and the support and documentation available here and on the wiki has been exceptional. I have now configured an E100P, with about 20 internal SIP extensions (snom 190), and a handful of international SIP extensions. Everything is working well - thank you.

I now have a requirement to implement some simple call queuing. The scenario is this. This is only one operator (agent), who cannot be off-hook all the time. There are two DDIs, one is for 'valued' customers, and ensures that they are placed in the queue with a higher priority. I have achieved this already. My questions are:

- At the moment, the agent must log in by dialling an extension and entering their password. Is there a way that the agent (SIP extension) can be always logged in? I guess their phone should just keep ringing if they're away from their desk.

- Is there a way that the agent can be notified, maybe by a stutter tone(?), when there is a higher-priority caller in the queue?

I'm still very new to asterisk, so I'm hoping that this can be achieved through the dial plan rather than a custom application. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ric Searle
--
Dialogue Communications Ltd.
http://www.dialogue.net