Kobus Wolvaardt wrote:

Hi,

I see there are quite a bit of problems with some phones. Which phones work flawlessly and has a low cost?

If I want to hook up two offices with dsl using * and at each office hook the * machine up to 4 analog phone lines (from telecom), what would be the best configuration? Should I use VOIP phones even though I'm not interested in the VOIP functionality at this time (will there be cost savings by going for plain phones and getting 20 FXS's)?

Is it sure, that you need on both offices * ??? Maybe you are cheaper to install * only at one site. Maybe you add a 1-800 number instead of both sides PSTN

I would try to avoid to use any plain phones at all, since you limit for these phones some functions. While it is cheaper I would try to avoid it. It might be interesting to use 2 to 4 FXS to use them into an old PBX, till this PBX faces out.

Can I use * to route calls from one office to the other office through to the telecom. (In other words make local calls in both office's areas from both offices)

I believe you only need one * and just a gateway at the other place.

bye

Ronald