At 12:43 AM 12/22/04, you wrote:
Seeding occurs if there is still a persistent record (in astdb) of a preceding
location registration of a peer after a restart of asterisk or the sip channel.

If Asterisk goes down and the peer has a long registration refresh time,
the phone maybe inaccessible for a while (until its own refresh timer expires)
if there is no record of its IP address after the restart.
The persistent record and seeding (of the IP address) solves this.

so this might be the problem with the registration failures? Registration from '<sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>' failed for '192.168.70.26'

Asterisk registration timeout is shorter than the phone registration timeout???

I'm not sure my statement makes any kind of sense, if it does, than there is a
serious issue with the asterisk device communication system.

Regards
Greg