Look at canreinvite= in the sip.conf.

If you ‘remove’ Asterisk from the stream them you are using Asterisk more like a Proxy and less like a PBX. If this is the case and you want to support ‘tons’ of users look at something like SER.  Asterisk is not a Sip proxy but rather a PBX and Media transcodeing gateway

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of bijan
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 5:46 PM
To: asterisk-users@lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] rtp channels not through asterisk

In wiki pages it is stated that The audio channels (RTP) may go directly from phone to phone or may go through Asterisk's media bridge.

Currently with my settings, I notice that all rtp’s are passing through my asterisk. How could I achieve that they go directly from phone to phone?  I assume this way, my machine will have less load and therefore could handle more calls.

regards

Bijan Karimi