At 09:19 AM 12/30/04, you wrote:
Greg - Cirelle Enterprises wrote:
from voip-info wiki

Asterisk automatic daily restart
To automatically restart Asterisk you can add something like this to cron
# Restart Asterisk PBX once a day to prevent any problems from piling up
10 7 * * * root /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "restart now" >/dev/null 2>&1
or
10 7 * * * root /usr/sbin/asterisk -r -x "restart gracefully" >/dev/null 2>&1

Does this software have substantial problems that one would have to do this???

I'm runing Asterisk for a year now as the IPBX of our little consulting firm. It stopped working only 4 times: two of these where power failures and the other two turned out to be Telco company problems (dead line).

We have 2 PSTN lines (using Digium X101P cards), 5 intrernal VoIP extentions (Grandstream budgettone - one of which is located on another continent, using a Wifi connection to a near by village that hosts an ADSL router... don't ask) and 2 VoIP termination/origination "lines".

Of course, your mileage may very, but at least here there is no nightly restart script.

Hope that helps you in any way.

Gilad

Are you running a stable (v 1.0 - 1.0.3) or cvs

Greg