Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Clipping on outbound calls via SIP/IAX

On Jan 2, 2005, at 21:16, Reid Forrest wrote:

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I've been having for a while
now. I've googled and wiki'd to no avail.

Whenever I place an outbound call from * to a PSTN through a SIP or IAX
provider (e.g. Voicepulse or Broadvoice), the first 1/2 to 2 seconds of the
remote call are clipped (muted). For example, if I call a remote voicemail
system that usually answers with "Nortel Call Pilot, Mailbox?" I might get
"ilot, Mailbox?". Everything works fine if I dial an internal extension or
through the PSTN. Is this just something I'm going to have to live with if
using an Internet-based termination provider? I'm using Asterisk 1.0.3 and
have tested on different systems, different providers, different phones, etc.

I have the same symptom, dialing from a phone hanging off a iaxy that talks to my * and then outbound through NuFone. Where I expect to hear "Thank you for calling foo..." I get "calling foo..." only.

jens