In my particular configuration, by the time the IAXy gets DTMF, it's "just audio" (e.g. not out-of-band in any way). The SIP modems play the audio of DTMF quite nicely, while the IAXy plays it quite warby, thus my DTMF-driven application (which is plugged into the IAXy) can't decode them.

Are there codec settings in the IAXy which might do a better job of "rendering" DTMF as audio?

Thank you,

Brent

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 01:56 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Looks like the IAXy at the originating end converts the audio DTMF into an
> IAX "DTMF" message (and strips the DTMF out in the process).  Meanwhile
> the IAXy at the answering end doesn't convert the DTMF indication message
> back into tones.

FYI, Mark implemented DTMF in the latest version of the IAXy firmware that
is in CVS head.  It will make it's way to the stable branch at some point.

Russell