Sorry, wrong subject on last message.

Hi John, Kevin, Tor and Wiley (and everyone else) -

I guess the phone just doesn't register as busy when there is only one
call on a line.  It has to have two calls on a line appearance to
register as busy.  Has anyone figured out how to disable this hold
feature and just have the second call go to the second line, the third
call to the third line, etc?

This is "call waiting"; if you can find a way to disable call waiting in
the Polycom config, it will work the way you desire. I've looked for it
before (briefly) and couldn't find it, but if you can figure out how to
do it please let us all know :-)

There are ways using SetGroup and CheckGroup to accomplish this in the
dialplan, but it's better to let the phone handle it (because if it
works, you can go back to registering three line appearances to the same
SIP username and it will work properly).

Well, thank you to Tor for the SetGroup/Checkgroup config. It works well! (Thanks to John for the contexts/dialplan version, too). Unfortunately, the phone doesn't audibly ring when the second call is coming in (just a visual prompt), and you have to press the line appearance button, and then the Answer softkey to actually pick up the second call, but I think it is still an improvement over the Call Waiting (at least logically, for my receptionists).

Kevin, I think you are right that disabling the call waiting on the phone itself is the best idea. Unfortunately, after hours of pouring through the config files and trying a million settings, I haven't gotten anything to work. The "divert" section that you pointed out, Wiley, I think is just for forwarding calls for various conditions (I thought about trying to make a call forward to a second registration for a busy, but I think the phones don't register a busy signal on a line unless both "call waitings" are already active -D'Oh). I thought I'd better ask the makers directly, though, so I filled out the online support form on the Polycom website. If we're lucky maybe we'll get an answer.

Thanks Again for all the help,
Noah