Thanks for the reply Bill.

I am aware of the interrupts problem. To solve it I have already disabled my serial ports freeing up interrupts 3 and 4 and these are allocated to the two cards. This was done 2 months ago and has not solved the problem. Is there any way that something can wake up every now and then and generate these two interrupts? My current /proc/interrupts is as follows:

           CPU0
  0:  185392655                 XT-PIC  timer
  1:         13                 XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0                 XT-PIC  cascade
  3: 1853793865          XT-PIC  wcfxo
  4: 1853787231          XT-PIC  wcfxo
  8:          2                 XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          0                 XT-PIC  acpi
 10:          0                 XT-PIC  Intel 82801BA-ICH2
 12:   57674469                 XT-PIC  eth0, PS/2 Mouse
 14:    2097777                 XT-PIC  ide0
 15:      10619                 XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

The wcfxo's are clearly allocated their own INT but can something else mess-up with these interrupts?

Vassilis