We have many IAXy devices in the field now.

In all cases, in iax.conf, we have "qualify=yes", so that using "iax2 show peers", we can see whether or not the device is currently online.

In some cases, the IAXy device and/or Asterisk are not communicating their qualification, because "iax2 show peers" shows the device as status UNKNOWN. However, when a user picks up the telephone plugged into the IAXy, they can place a call just fine within our Asterisk server.

Can anyone tell me if there are any conditions which might affect the functioning of the "qualify" feature, while still allowing outbound calls to go through?