I am having trouble transferring calls using asterisk. I think it is my * installation, because this worked fine with the same system when it was hosted at our VoIP providers.

I receive a call on my IAX Trunk, to my extensions.

I speak to the incoming call and tell them I’ll just transfer the call.

I click “Transfer”, dial extension and click “Transfer” again.

Normally the call will disappear on my system and start ringing on the new extension.

In this case, the call just hangs up.

Any Ideas? Do you have to setup transfers in the extensions at all?

Does this have something to do with the “Reinvite” status of the SIP phones?

With Thanks

Mike Sander
Operations Manager

Suite 4 / 38-48 Waterloo St