Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
it's there already, on http://karlsbakk.net/asterisk/ and under "new plugins" on http://sourceforge.net/projects/nagiosplug/

Yes, I've looked at your plugin. However, I'm trying to come up with a much simpler setup that does not require access to the manager interface and that does not require any nagios scripts running on the Asterisk box. I want to check "upness" from the remote Nagios box by simply issuing some kind of IAX ping.

I'm going to look into using a network traffic analyzer to capture such a packet and just use that Windoze iaxping binary to generate it. I had hoped I would not need to go that far ;)

There's always AstWinPeers - which effectively does an IAX2 show peers or SIP show peers graphically for Winblows.

Oh yeah - I wrote it, so you can find it on the downloads page of the Daily Asterisk News (in my footer).

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell