Hi,

After using Asterisk with a SIP hardphone for a couple of weeks I've just installed a TDM400P card.

My hardphone - a 7940 - allows me to use a dialplan to decide when a particular extension is complete and automatically trigger dialing. This works well with my internal extensions, which are all of the form "Z00".

When trying to dial these extensions from a handset connected to a Zap channel there appears to be a delay of about 4 seconds between the time I
dial "Z00" and the time asterisk decides I've finished dialing and connects me.

Is there any way to reduce this delay? I'd ideally like asterisk to dial the extension as soon as it matches a valid extension.