Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] SPA-2000

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Duane wrote:

Remco Barende wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Henry Devito wrote:

Hi, I have not implemented any of the spa-2000's yet. Do they work ok with asterisk? Is the 2000 capable of having 2 FXS extensions off each one or is it two fxs ports with the same extension?

They work pretty well, but I'm not impressed with the sound quality. Sound is quite soft and I have to adjust the input and output gains to something like +3 or +5 for in+out and then an annoying hiss is audible.

I have a sipura 2000 and haven't had to alter gain at all, and no hiss, then again are you using ulaw or using g729?

I use G711u. When I do not adjust the output gain the volume in+out is just too soft. Or would I need to change another setting? Under Regional I can also set port impedance. No idea though if the default value of 600 is ok for Europe?

As for the original question, the 2 ports on the 2000 and the 3000 are both seperate SIP identities and you have to configure them as 2 seperate lines...