I'm trying to get a script working on a website to send out automatic email reminders to customers reminding them monthly to change furnace filters. I haven't got one running successfully, yet.

That made me think - could it be done with a phone call using Asterisk? A monthly automated phone call to remind people to change their furnace filter?

I have no ability to figure this out myself, but can it be done? Has it been done? Can I just search for an Asterisk application to do it and customize it for my own use?