As someone that's just recently setup an * server I agree. I thought about setting up an Iaxtel account as well but couldn't see the point in it because I had setup FWD for testing. I continue to use FWD for all my toll free calls and the quality is just awesome. I can't see how Iaxtel would provide any additional benefit. Perhaps the time for Iaxtel has come and gone. There are plenty of IAX2 providers these days, * has become quite popular, so the need for a separate telecom network doesn't make a whole lot of sense; not that FWD isn't separate, it's just more popular IMHO.

-mark