Unless something's changed overnight Vonage doesn't offer a service that can be used directly with Asterisk; instead, you need to use an analog adapter and something that will give you an analog FXO port (like a TDM100). With Voicepulse Connect, VoipJet, and others, you don't need any extra hardware and you won't have any extra D/A A/D conversions.

-mark