Being a CableVision customer I get harrassing phone calls from these guys all the time trying to sell me their OV service.

Firstly it's closed. They won't allow you to bring anything to their network. Secondly it uses G729 so there's no faxing etc (although you can buy that for extra cost).

Finally its $34.95 all in. Very expensive in light of others like Vonage and GalaxyVoice.

They do have porting abilities and a 911 service which some others don't.

Mark

Shoval Tomer wrote:

Hi.

A friend of mine came asking about this VOIP provider.

I haven’t heard of them so I thought I might ask the list.

Anyone has any experience using them (http://www.optonline.net/Home, http://www.optimumvoice.com/index.jhtml)?

Not just with Asterisk, even with their supplied HandyTone and a regular analog phone.

Thanks