Joseph wrote:
On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 08:40 +0000, Tony Mountifield wrote:

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Joseph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When I use my phone to make VOIP call and another calls comes from POTS
my phone rings to POTS caller.  Why?

Shouldn't it generate busy signal!

Yes, but there are all sorts of configuration errors that could result in the behaviour described. Without knowing your particular setup, it is impossible to know what the cause could be. Perhaps you could describe in more detail.

My setup is really simple.
I have Sipura-3000 connected to * with phone1 and another SIP phone2.
Here is my context:
exten => 1,1,Dial(${phone1},20,tr)
exten => 1,102,Dial(${phone2},20,tr)

I have setup two phones and have VOIP, when I make call over VOIP I
think channel return status -1 (the call is bridged). So when a call
comes from POTS my phone1 keeps ringing and I want to ring phone2 not
mine. If the channel return status 0 the call is transfered to priority n+1
and that is what I want.

Why priority is "0" when I pickup the phone and hear dial tone (without
calling out); and priority is "-1" when call is connected bridged with
another party?
To my understanding in both cases the phone1 is busy so why return
different priority code???

Take a look at DIALSTATUS at: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+variable+DIALSTATUS

Also,

Do you get a call-waiting beep when you're on the phone with the original party?

-- Andrew Thompson http://aktzero.com/ http://dev.asteriskdocs.org/ _______________________________________________ Asterisk-Users mailing list Asterisk-Users@lists.digium.com http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users