I don't know if Polycom decided to change their policy or not, but I just went to their website and when you click on the downlooad link, it will now present you with an option to join their extranet. I did that and I got the following message immediately:

<snip>
Access to certain Resource Center sections and content are subject to approval.
Eligible members, will receive further details via email.
</snip>

In the follow-up email, it said this:

<snip>
Thank you for becoming a member of the Polycom Resource Center.
User ID: blahblah
Your userid/password will provide you software download, product registration, and software key code privileges as well as access to product information. Polycom will continue to increase the content and services on its Portal to provide you with knowledge and conveniences.

Polycom
</snip>

I tried to do find the SIP firmware, but all I could find were PDF docs about it. Maybe "increase the content" comment means they will post them later?

In related news, I thought I was onto something, when I found in the release notes that in firmware 1.3.4 the "call.callWaiting.prompt=" was implemented. Unfortunately, this does not disable call waiting as I had hoped. However, it does automatically select a new call when it comes in on a "call waiting line". The result is that you just have to press the Answer softkey instead of pressing the down arrow and then the answer softkey. It makes it little easier for those that don't feel like dealing with the SetGroup/CheckGroup setup.

Thanks,
Noah