[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, David Brodbeck wrote:

There's a very good reason for that: The zaptel driver is for the Linux
operating system. Asterisk simply makes use of the driver.
Theoretically, any software can use the zaptel driver, so it is
appropriate to place its configuration file in /etc, with other, similar
driver configuration files.

The zapata.conf file, on the other hand, is specific to Asterisk. It
tells Asterisk how to use the zaptel driver.

Asterisk -> /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
Linux -> /etc/zaptel.conf

Or, hierarchically:
[Asterisk]
(/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf)
 ^

(/etc/zaptel.conf)
[Linux]

Not well explained by the documentation, perhaps, but logical
nonetheless.

Cheers,

Jim.

--