Bartosz Jozwiak wrote:
Hello everybody,

I would like to implement "callback" function.
When I call a person and his extension is busy I can press, for example, 5
and get a callback when his phone is not busy anymore.

When I create a call file and copy it to spool call folder
asterisk makes a call. One problem is that when extension is still busy
my phone rings and I get busy tone of the person who I am trying to reach.

Is there another way to do it ? Or do I need to check first if channel is free or
still busy ? Can anybody give me some hints ?

Are you passing the Dial line in your .call file?

Try building a context that has your logic in it, and directing the call file to it, after setting some appropriate parameters.

You should be able to discern from Dial() why you can't get ahold of the other party. Once you do, test for that case as a part of your logic. If the case still exists, write a new .call file and exit. If the case no longer exists, connect to the original caller and be done. (Assuming you are not on the phone now, as well!)

Seems like I read that you could date a .call file a little bit of time in the future and asterisk would wait to run it until then. This would be a way for you to buy some time between tries. If I'm just making this up, use cron to straighten it out.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/