On Feb 15, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Voip Business wrote:

hello, my experience

1.-Azatel Azacall 200 GREAT PIECE OF HARDWARE
2.- MTA-V102
3.- Sipura spa 2000
4.- Granstream

ATA186 SUXs

I can't speak so fondly of the Azatel which I had sitting around after a canceling a VOIP service. Maybe I just need a new firmware rev (but they don't exactly make those available at the Azatel site). Plus, the web interface is excruciatingly limited. I mean, you can't even configure echo cancellation.

I think the ATA186-L2 is kind of pointless at this stage. It's old hardware...although Cisco did end up issuing a firmware update last year. Still, there's got to be some reason why Cisco as switched to using a Sipura produce (the PAP2)....BTW the ATA186 was designed by some of the Sipura folks as well.

My choice is still Sipura-branded equipment. There's no way of knowing how often firmware will be released for the Linksys-branded stuff or what level of support there will be.

-mark

--
Mark Eissler, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mixtur Interactive, Inc. [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.mixtur.com