On Feb 24, 2005, at 1:35, Jonathan Lin wrote:
I can see libspeex.so.1 in /usr/local/lib and it's symbolic linked to
libspeex.so.1.2.0 so the only thing I can think of is the permission. I
changed the permission to 777 for libspeex.so.1.2.0 just for testing but
it's still crashing. Has anyone encounter this problem or maybe point me in
the right direction for debugging this?

Probably because it's in /usr/local/lib, which might not be recognized as a valid library path.

On RH-based systems I would add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig.

jens