Atif Rasheed wrote:
HI all,

I have the following setup running:

EP<--->Calling Asterisk<--->Relaying Asterisk<--->Softswitch<---> PSTN

The Endpoint EP is registered with the Calling Asterisk. Calls are forwarded from this machine to
Relaying Asterisk which in turn forwards it to the Softswitch. In addition, this machine also
relays back responses from the Softswitch to the Calling Asterisk.

Now the problem is that error responses from the Softswitch to the Relaying Asterisk are not relayed
back to the Calling Asterisk. Instead a 403 forbidden error message is sent back to the Calling
Asterisk whatever the error response (503, 484, etc).

Is there a way to relay back error responses through configuration scripts or do I have to dig
in the source code

You need a SIP proxy, not a PBX, in order to do that. Asterisk will convert all errors from all VoIP protocols into Asterisk error codes and then convert them to SIP again. That's simply a result of having two multiprotocol PBX's in the call path. You will not see SIP details from the dial plan and can't relay it.

We could add a SIPRESULTCODE variable, but I can't see how that helps you... It depends on how your two asterisk servers communicate.

/O