On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 11:16:18PM +0100, Alfredo Sola wrote:
>       Ok, I'll correct. I would like to be able to set in the Makefile
>       which user I'll be using, so that permissions can be set accordingly.
> No
> problem AFAIAC if the default user is root. Perhaps time for an autoconf?

Hardly. There's a wiki page on how to run non-root. The only thing that
needs modification is the default varrundir. You do have to manually
chown a bunch of stuff but that's not a big deal.

The only thing I'd really like to see is a commandline option or config
option that will cause it to die if you accedently start it as root.
Doing it once by accident tends to alter permissions on files that
then needs to be fixed manually...

--
Martijn van Oosterhout
Ecomtel Pty Ltd