"Giudice, Salvatore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Regardless, I would not call the database deficient because it
> truncates your data to 100 characters and doesn't warn you with an
> error. Get real. It is not as if this behavior is unexpected or some
> sort of a surprise.

Quoting the SQL/92 standard:

    If a store assignment would result in the loss of non-<space>
    characters due to truncation, then an exception condition is raised.

> Run whichever DB you want. It's your choice, as always. You are
> certainly free to sit in your office frothing all over yourself in
> your own twisted PostgreSQL fantasy.

I don't see anyone but you frothing at the mouth in this discussion.  :-)

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.