On Mar 19, 2005, at 2:31 PM, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

Kris Edwards wrote:
Success with PDA's as phones has never seemed possible. Power is one issue. Most people have reported getting pocket pc sip phones to work (with 802.11), but they have ridiculous short talk times, I want to say that I have never heard of anyone getting more than an hour out of any device/battery combination.

With the Zaurus SL-5500 (the only PDA I have) I got stuck on the pinout of the headphone/mic jack and put it on the backburner...

I've found that the pin out of the headphone/mic is compatible with that of a cell phone headset the only difference being that you need a jack converter due to the different sizes. However, I had no problem locating a converter at my local Radio Shack (electronic hobby store).

--
Jamin W. Collins