2.  I want to know if there is a dial code or a way of putting calls on hold.  I've set this up to get some experience with Asterisk to evaluation a possible migration from our Inter-Tel system at work to asterisk.  It is on my system at home, but if I can not get a hold feature, it would not work for work.

I got all of this working after reading an article from a link on slashdot.org to http://www.geekgazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2&Itemid=26 and it's all working great.  I want to test the on hold system and the on hold music, but I can not.

I appreciate your answers.

GP

I just installed [EMAIL PROTECTED] and connected it to broadvoice via SIP.

I've setup an auto-attendant, extensions and everything it working extremely well.

I can dial in, I can dial out.  Everything works great.

What I am using is as follows:

  Box is an generic Intel box with a PIII/1Ghz processor and 256Mb of RAM and a 4 Gb drive.
  Network is behind a basic NAT from a Linksys cable router.
  Outbound is provided by broadvoice.com VoIP provider via SIP.
  I'm using X-lite softphones from xten.

I have found everything pretty much self-explanator and easy to use.  I can not, however, despite a lot of searching on the internet and a lot of reading and checking pages, find answers to a few basic questions.  My questions are as follows:

1.  I've searched and searched.  I've read the entire draft of the users guide.  I can not find a decent list of the dial codes, such as this short list:

*72Call Forwarding System
 *73Disable Call Forwarding

*77IVR Recording

*78Enable Do-Not-Disturb

*79Disable Do-Not-Disturb

*90Call Forward on Busy

*91Disable Call Forward on Busy

*98Enter Message Center  (also found that *98<exten> enters extention directly)

*99Playback IVR Recording

7777Simulate incoming call

1234System will tell you your extension
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.