Mr. Lyman,

It is just seems quite funny that this user experienced the exact same thing that I did when I tried to setup a NuFone account. I would like to see THAT be a user issue, this is a problem with NuFone and their provisioning and customer support process. I have accounts at four other IAX providers and have no problem with any of them other than the one account I wanted at NuFone. Also it seems that I am not the only user that has had problems. I am not on a rampage against NuFone, people just need to know what they are getting their selves into. There may be some happy customers and their may be some unhappy customers.

-Linn

Richard Lyman wrote:

Linn Boyd wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Let me guess, NuFone. Check this out, they charged me for the number port, and it never did work, stole my money and would never refund it. I am not the only one that has had problems with NuFone, it seems that a large number of people have.

http://voip-info.org/wiki-Nufone#comments

-Linn

Hello!

I am in the middle of having a vanity toll-free DID set up. It's been 13 days now (9 business days). This is the first time I'm doing this, and I'm not sure of the process. There has been a very weird progression of changes on my number, from fast-busy, to a message saying that I'm calling from a phone with restrictions (no matter *what* line I call from), to a number advertising a $4/min "national directory assistance", and now back to the restrictions error message.

Is there a way to track the status of a toll-free DID switchover? I've checked the AT&T database and they no longer show my number as being available (and I hope that's because I'm getting it! :) ), but that's all I've been able to find out. The company performing the switchover has been less than proactive in giving me information on this, even after several requests. I understand that much (if not all) of the switchover is out of their hands; however, I would really like to know why my DID seems to be taking such a strange (and seemingly slow) roller-coaster road, and more important, when I'll be able to get off!

Thank you for any information you would be able to provide! It seems that toll-free is its own little world, and they don't want others to be involved. I would appreciate any help you would be able to provide.

Tim Massey

.as with your rant, the link you gave shows up <BLANK>. i have never had a problem with nufone, so maybe is a *user* issue?

(if you plan on flaming me, you better have something to back it up, i'm not just some twit)