I have working with a polycom IP500 phone.

I like the idea of having each line button on the phone as a separate sip device. If I understand it right, each phone could have three extensions (one for each line.) This would be great since I could then use the dialplan to forward calls to the desired extension.

I envision something like this:
Extenson 101  - Company-A
Extension 102 - Company B

I've adjusted my dialplan to prepend a "hint" to the callerid so that I know which menu choice the caller picked:
exten => 1,2,SetCIDName(A-Sales: ${CALLERIDNAME})
exten => 1,3,Macro(stdexten,101,SIP/ext101)
exten => 2,2,SetCIDName(A-Sup: ${CALLERIDNAME})
exten => 3,3,Macro(stdexten,101,SIP/ext101)

Now if I could get multiple extensions on one phone (one for each button.) I would be all set.

Thanks!!

-N