On Apr 3, 2005 8:56 PM, Ian Hailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello all,

I was hoping to be able to call a mobile and if it is un-reachable for
whatever reason (e.g. switched off) then I was expecting an unobtainable
response that would be detected in Asterisk. It seems that the operator
(Virgin in UK) imedately completes the call and plays an automated
message before clearing the call. Does anyone know if there a way of
avoiding the call completion for mobiles? I have noticed that Sipgate
charge for a calls to an unavailable mobile regardless.

Bellsouth at least WILL play an automated message, but NOT answer the line. I work around this by adding the "r" option to the Dial command. The "r" option of course provides a fake ringing sound to the caller, even if it REALLY should be doing something else like playing telco audio before answer, or a busy tone.