Olle E. Johansson a écrit :

administrator tootai wrote:

Nabeel Jafferali a écrit :

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a workaround?

Yeah, I had this problem when I added a lot of SIP register statements
and SIP peers. Changing the hostnames (FQDNs) to IP addresses solved the
problem. It seem * was getting stuck waiting for DNS lookups.

Thanks. We put everywhere it was accepted the IP address and will see. FYI, sipgate.de doesn't accept to register with IP address. CLI "SIP reload" command is now applied much faster as with FQDNs in sip.conf

Changing register= statements to IP addresses is a bad idea. SIP is domain name based and (as proved by sipgate) an IP address points to *one* host, whereas a SIP domain by using SRV records can point to many IP addresses and servers. There's a huge difference between sending a REGISTER to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED]

See this as a short time fix. We need to make a better solution on the REGISTER parsing to prevent this from happening, it's clearly a bug.

Well noticed. Should I concider bugs #3850 and #3933 including this matter or should I open a new one?
--
Daniel