http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20High%20Availability%20Solutions

Infocus wrote:
Good idea.  A few more questions:

I want to have one asterisk box roll over to another if it goes down for any
reason.  I heard there is a way to monitor the IP in case such an event
occurs.

How does asterisk provide the failover mechanism?

Could someone explain how to achieve this project?

Thanks again.

mmm one other thought.. the load balancing switch needs to support A)
failover and B) stream assocciation (so that it keeps you on the same
* server as long as you are sending packets!)